Little Bee by Chris Cleave

It's our first day of summer vacation and I started my celebration reading Little Bee in its entirety. I have a stack of books, treats I have been saving, waiting for the end of school so I could read exactly what I wanted to, and Little Bee didn't disappoint. To be honest, I'm not sure how to follow it up - maybe Sebastian Barry's The Secret Scripture will fill the bill.

T

Nancy Pearl recommended this book via her Book Lust podcast, and I ordered it immediately. There are several things that will stay with me:
Little Bee's voice and humour and resignation
Sarah's memory of Andrew representing the breadth of the ocean to her for that moment in time
Batman
This quote: "To survive, you have to look good or talk good. But to end your story well - here is the truth - you have to talk yourself out of it."

Popular posts from this blog

the game of love and death by martha brockenbrough

my friend dahmer by derf backderf

all the bright places by jennifer niven