the lover's dictionary by david levithan


This addictive lexicon adeptly and poetically defines love through a series of small moments. Each entry details another realization, from the couple's beginnings (autonomy, n. "I want my books to have their own shelves," you said, and that's how I knew it would be okay to live together), to their romantic decline (dispel, v. It was the way you said," I have something to tell you." I could feel the magic drain from the room.) Levithan illustrates the unease of giving up too much (reservation, n. There are times when I worry that I've already lost myself... that my self is so inseparable from being with you that if we were to separate, I would no longer be) and the inevitable giving in (balk, v. I was the one who said we should live together. And even as I was doing it, I knew this would mean that I would be the one to blame if it all went wrong...) A gorgeous book, not to be missed. Click here for a full review and dont' miss Mr. Levithan's twitter feed of extra entries.

Popular posts from this blog

the game of love and death by martha brockenbrough

my friend dahmer by derf backderf

all the bright places by jennifer niven